Ask 10 people what Digital Transformation means and you’ll get 10 different answers ranging from simple to very complex.
The bottom line is all 10 people are correct but the answer needs to be the combination of all 10 answers . We’re taking our Clients on a painless transformational journey that starts simply and quickly builds up a head of steam.
You probably agree that every interaction with Customers, Clients, Staff and Stakeholders that involves a computer, tablet or phone is a Digital Interaction. So our Clients are now taking time to consider all aspects of worthy of consideration in a Digital Strategy and/or Roadmap:
- Social Media
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
You’re right Digital Transformation is focus on communication channels, methods and defining the outcomes intended. So technology starts to play a lead role but as an enabler.
Digital Transformation is a Business Play
So from a business perspective every Digital Strategy/Roadmap embodies (in no specific order):
- Defining what the organisation is trying to achieve – often embodied in the Statement of Intent or Business Plan.
- Mapping out communication objectives – this the how, what and why.
- Leveraging knowledge and the channels which the knowledge is served ( customers, clients, stakeholder, staff etc.).
- Optimising access to digital knowledge through varying channels.
- Self-help portals; completing interactions without the need for human assistance.
- Knowledge delivered by communication channel
- Technology is the enabler not the solution
Our Clients have started their Digital Transformation journey using:
- a roadmap prioritised using effort, cost and ROI as the determining factors
- well developed use cases explicitly addressing all aspects of communication
- detailed process definitions to not just replicate today but to enhance outcomes
- mini-business cases for all initiatives highlighting the pathway fro benefits realisation
Reach out if you agree this may be of interest.