Customer Service – Art or Science?
Great Customer Service is a science. It’s about developing systematic approaches to exceeding the Customers expectations in a way that acknowledges them as individuals and fulfils their needs.
Great Customer Service is delivered by individuals or systems that:
- Quickly identify the customer’s need.
- Service that need.
- Question their view of the outcome.
- Thank them and end the transaction.
Today, businesses use a number of communication channels to deliver Customer Service.
- Face-to-Face (or in-store) – the sales or “Billy Connelly” channel; suggesting a real-time need
- Phone – the real-time channel and most preferred for Baby Boomers
- Web – the channel most used by browsers and needs to be geared to be responsive – the preferred channel for Gen-X and Gen-Y
- Email – the not so important channel, often used to document specific needs, with the customer’s expectation of a response later today or tomorrow
It doesn’t matter which industry your business operates in, there is a systematic approach that can be used to improve customer customer service. Contact us and let’s talk about your needs.